Sunday, September 19, 2010

Becoming a Grandparent in One Quick Minute

Dear Diary, aka, Imaginary Friend,

Wow, two people in the Middle East are reading my blog! WHO knew! Good stuff. Well, they also now know that I became a grandmother this week, and I have to say, this is the best deal I ever got!
I love babies. They are quite the creative work of art, even in the strictest sense. And they look good, they smell good (well, between diaper events), and they feel good.

Babies are tiny miniature little people. However, that does not stop me from claiming that my grandson is ten feet tall and glows in the dark. Regardless of whether the average person finds him tall, dark and handsome... I know that I always will.

My new grandson just happens to have been born with sideburns. I can now picture Elvis as a newborn! Mother Nature has a sense of humor! The baby is a manly little man. And I have already picked out his future girlfriend, who happens to have been born last night: Sadie Prow. I hope he realizes that our family believes in arranged marriages, not by force, but by gentle persuasion.

My mother fixed me up with my husband of 31 years, and she also fixed up my sister with her husband of 40 years. See, it works!

Go plant some seeds of love, and one day, you will be a grandparent. Don't wait too long; it is the best thing ever.

Yours very truly,
Patsie

1 comment:

  1. What kind of goober doesn't like babies? Communists, that's who!

    ReplyDelete