Saturday, July 30, 2011

Solomon's Island, Finished, I Think!

Dear Imaginary Friend,

Can you believe it, I think that I have finished my new boat painting at last. The question always lingers, with shadowy doubts: Is this painting finished or does it need more tweaking?

It is really hard to put the brushes confidently away. It's not like a bell rings, telling you that you are finished. An artist is only finished once she is believes she is. Some days it looks finished, and other days I see problems that need addressing. The worrisome part is that whenever I fix one thing, I usually mess up another, creating more work for myself.


Solomon's Island, 10 x 8", Oil, c. Patricia Uchello
If you refer back to my blog entitled "Masterpiece du Jour", you will be able to compare and contrast.

OK, this time, it is really finished. 
I think!

Your Imaginary Friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment