Sunday, October 27, 2013

We Like Mike!

Dear People,
Our family is very proud of Mike, my big bro-in-law. He is currently a Fellow of the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and specifically the Shorenstein Center for Press,  Politics and Public Policy. He and my lovely --as well as smart -- sister Beth are happy to be spending a semester at Harvard, living two blocks from Mike's office on campus this fall. My husband and I had the  pleasure of visiting them this weekend. 
What a rarefied atmosphere they are experiencing! Most college students would give their eye teeth to attend Harvard. (As would I). Lucky Beth is taking a graduate class in Religion and Politics. 
Some may think the two are at variance, because our nation was founded on the separation of church and state, but the United States government -- founded by Puritans-- is very much a Protestant country. But I digress.
Below: Michael J. Copps. He is equal parts husband, father, grandfather and defender of democracy of speech, with fair access to press, airwaves and internet. 
And he's my big bro. 
Yours very truly,
Patsie

1 comment: