Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dyke Marsh III: Five Times is the Charm

Dyke Marsh III, c. Patricia Miller Uchello 2014, for sale
Dear Imaginary Friends,

Some landscapes are really special. For me, my favorite place to paint is the edge of Dyke Marsh, which is right by my home in Alexandria, Virginia.

Dyke Marsh and I have been friends for the last 30 years. I have painted it covered with ice, as a background for a portrait, as well as two summer versions and a fall version (above). I think that this one is possibly my favorite, although it is fairly small, at 10 x 10".

I originally hail from the marshy world of Louisiana, known for its wetlands. Muddy bayous and the Mighty Mississippi are my roots. So these wet lands at the edge of the Potomac River suit me just fine. As a matter of fact, my step-father proposed to my mother about forty feet from this spot, giving it even further significance.

Your favorite swamp creature,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment