Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bonkers Was So Bonkers

Bonkers, showing his cute bunny side
Dear Imaginary Friends,
Do you ever think back to pets that you once had, who have moved on to Kitty Cat Heaven?  (Or maybe the alternative, warmer place!) I do. No cat was ever more deranged than my pet Himalayan Bonkers, who was aptly named. 
My friends were afraid of him, did not want to cat-sit him. 
He was 8 lbs. of crazy, wrapped in a beautiful visage and fur coat. His eyes were blue, except when he became possessed. He would wake up out of a deep sleep and I assume, nightmare, to suddenly pounce on the unsuspecting. His eyes would glow in the dark, huge and scary. He would rumble a growl, and advance to your face, as if he were about to eat you on the spot.
Virginia loved Bonkers, too
He was a kitty that only a mother could love. And yet, I miss him, the way he would lie on his back with his paws in bunny pose. I loved his soft silky fur. The hard-to-love amongst us deserve to be loved, just because everyone really does deserve love. Crazy cats included.
Miss you, Bonkers!
Love,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment