Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bonjour, Petite Amis!

Dear Petite Imaginary Friends,

What have we here? Is this an invitation to NIH (The National Institute of Health)? Why, I do believe so. In addition to being leaders of the scientific research world, they are also a happening place to exhibit art. About 18 years ago, I first showed a painting of mine there, in a curated show. That was before digital photography came into my world, so I do not have a pic handy of it. The painting sold. Good memories! So when I encountered the lovely Lillian Fitzgerald at an event, I asked her about her current openings for a  one woman show. And, voila! You are looking at it.
This exhibit coincides with my Artist Feature in elan magazine, which is published in Northern Virginia. That article consists of a lengthy interview with Donna Cedar-Southworth, a features editor at elan.  She made it so much fun. There will be many photos of my artwork, all oils on canvas. In addition, there will be a photo of yours truly. Danny Lyon was the expert and talented photographer who made the photos happen in high resolution. I would be sunk without his help.
SO, you and I are both relieved that I will not be giving a paper on the mitosis of banana slugs' liver cells, or whatev the newest thing is.
NIH does very important work on many medical fronts including researching cures for cancer, for Multiple Sclerosis, and for Alzheimer's Disease, among many others. They rock!
Your Imaginary Friend,
Patsie 


1 comment:

  1. PS DO not be disturbed by the image of the woman crying. It is not a reflection on my art!

    ReplyDelete