Monday, November 1, 2010

Vampires, Zombies and Terrorists, Oh, My!

Dear Intrepid Followers of My Blatherings,
Boo! That is me shown above in the "Jason" hockey mask. Not very artistic, but it fulfilled my mission of scaring small children all over our neighborhood for Halloween.
I have been musing about Vampires, Werewolves, and now Zombies, which are recently coming back into vogue. Have you asked yourself why the sudden fascination with dark creatures of  the afterlife,  predatory and undead? They are all sneaky, hide in the guise of humans, and can do great damage.
Well, how much more of an allegorical reference do you need to think that we are subconsciously substituting them for Terrorists, who blend in amongst us? Somehow, we find it easier to obsess with the supernatural, than the fearsome and unpredictable reality. The Boogie Man walks, and he/they are real.
Peace,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment