Thursday, September 29, 2011

Art On The Avenue!

River Farms, former property of George Washington
Hey, Peeps!

This Saturday is a spectacular fun event in Alexandria, Virginia. It is called Art On The Avenue, and it occurs every October. On Saturday, Mt. Vernon Avenue in Del Ray will be closed down, so that the city can turn out to shop all day for one of a kind objets d'art, as well as unique clothing, jewelry, tasty food and drinks.
I hate to miss a good time, so I will most definitely be there with bells on.
You can catch me at 11am - 12 noon,  in the Del Ray Artisans Gallery at the Colasanto Center doing an oil painting demonstration. I will be painting the architectural scene shown above, which happens to be a gorgeous building on the Potomac River, not far from my home.

Painting buildings is a challenge, so who knows how much I can get done in one hour, but we shall see. 

I will also be passing out Catalogs of The Art League School, as well as save- the- date cards for the Art League's fabulous schedule of events this Fall/Winter, and benefactor opportunities at the Art League.

Uh oh, sounds like to I need to have six arms, like Shiva.
SO come on down. Be there or be square.

Your Imaginary Friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment