Monday, January 24, 2011

Down In the Big Easy, Chapter Three

Hey, Y'all Imaginary Friends,

Lagoon in City Park's Sculpture Garden

When you travel down South to taste-test all the restaurants I have so highly recommended, I hope that you will also partake of a great freebie: The Sidney Besthoff Sculpture Garden in City Park. Do you love Spanish Moss as much as I do? Then you will have supreme satisfaction . City Park in New Orleans is positively furry with the stuff! There is also a choo choo train that goes in a fun circuit. But I digress. I want to show you some of the highly sophisticated artwork that you will see when you ease yourself off the choo choo.
What could be more scenic that a combo of sculptures by Henry Moore, Rodin, Robert Indiana, and lagoons with ducks, plus Spanish Moss? A heady Southern gumbo of sights. If you are like me, you will also enjoy the not-free-but-worth-it Delgado Museum of Art, which has paintings by Degas and Sargent, among a zillion others.
What's not to love about New Orleans?
Your Imaginary Friend,
Miz Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment