Friday, July 16, 2010

A Show of Hands, on Mount Vernon Avenue



Dear Diary, aka, Imaginary Friends,
Well, I just wanted you to know that A Show of Hands is a fabulous art gallery, located in the trendy Del Ray neighborhood in Alexandria, VA. Seeing as how you can never have too much fabulosity, if you have never been there, you simply must go.
What could be more perfect than an art gallery situated across the street from the very best ice cream parlor in the greater Washington, DC Metro area? I kid you not. Even President Obama has visited The Dairy Godmother on Mt. Vernon Avenue. I highly recommend the chocolate custard. All their flavors are made in house. Don't forget the Sprecher's Root Beer. I give it a thumbs up.
But getting back to art, my friend Laura Bell and I have art showing at A Show of Hands through tomorrow. It brings me great sorrow that the show is coming down. I had on exhibit about 22 oil paintings. A few of them will remain, which means I will be shopping there and peeking at my paintings on a regular basis.
What kinds of subjects have I been showing there? I thought you might ask. Well, mostly oil paintings that are landscapes. There are paintings of Sedona, AZ; Lyon , France; Avignon, France; the Virginia side of the Potomac River and Venice, Italy. Also, there are oils of irises and waterlillies, red roses and gerbera daisies. You can never have too much beauty in your life. Who doesn't love flowers and gorgeous scenery?
Hitler, that's who!
Cheers,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment