Saturday, February 19, 2011

Istanbul in DC, Minus the Belly Dancers

Dear Imaginary Friend,

Did you just ask me, where did we go out to eat tonight? Well, I am glad that you asked. We dined at Agora, a DC Turkish restaurant. Not only is Turkish food served, but also Turkish wine and cocktails. It was delish!
The wine was so nice and low in acidity. I had no idea that wine grapes were even grown there. I feel dumb!

My favorite dish is a cold eggplant appetizer called "The Iman Fainted." At least, that is the English translation. It was so tasty that the Iman passed right out. I almost swooned, too.
Yummy. Also dynamite was their homemade hummus. Their dishes are served in mezze form, small plates that give you a taste, but not a true entree. Two or three will do you.

Then we visited the frozen yogurt place named Yogato, in the same block of 17th Street near Dupont Circle. It was really good, and way healthy. If you can stand on the ball of one foot with your eyes closed for 15 seconds, you get a free frozen yogurt. I thought that all my years of yoga would help me score a free fro-yo, but no such luck.

Dupont Circle has a lot of young hangouts, where the fabulous go to eat and carouse. Very cool.
Check out Agora. If you are cool enough! ;)

Love,
Your harem girl,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment