Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's New?

What is Happier Than a Sunflower??
Dear Imaginary Readers,

What have I been doing this week? I am so glad that you asked! Last Wednesday, I painted the super- color- saturated- still- life shown above; it is so new, it has not yet been named. Measuring in at 12 x 12, oil on canvas, it is not quite finished. I have to get a Cantaloupe "Model" to pose for me, so that I can put in its skin texture that looks like webbing. A cantaloupe with personality is a commodity all too hard to find these days. Most cantaloupes are just very poor conversationalists.

In addition, I made a non-cantaloupe mosaic on Saturday, also 12 x 12", a stepping stone. I made it while standing in the rain for four hours. Do I now have frizzies, or what! The mosaic is so new, I do not have a photo. Mosaics are wonderful, but so time consuming. It can be quite tedious and slow, and if you know the way I work, I like to paint at lightening speed. And do!

One must wear gloves while working with the adhesive mortar and the grout, or the chemicals will physically leach out all the oil from your skin and give you lizard hands. Not cute! Caramba!

Your Imaginary Friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment