Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Formal Declaration: I Am In Love with Art!


Dear Humanity,
My Formal Declaration of my Love of Art! The addiction began at six.

I have been formally educated in art, with a Bachelors of Fine Arts, cum laude, from Tulane University, and a Masters in Fine Arts from Pratt Institute, where I was awarded an assistantship. My oil paintings have been the subject of favorable reviews, featured in a five page  article in elan magazine, April 2011, and I have been invited twice to participate in Invitational exhibits at the Athenaeum.  I am also the second vice-president of the Art League. My paintings can be viewed on my website www.patriciauchello.com, as well as across the Metropolitan Washington, DC area:  in A Show of Hands, The Art League, Beall and Brumbaugh Gallery, Green Springs Gardens, NIH, the Georgetown Hospital Lombardi Cancer Institute, and River Farms, home to the American Horticultural Society, during various intervals throughout 2011-2012.

My love for art began at the tender age of six, when I sent in my first juried art work to Romper Room, the children’s television show, for the approval of Miss Ginny. It came back with a check mark, and the words “very good.” I was hooked. I then graduated to gazing lovingly at my Crayola Box of 64 and designing paper dolls. In high school, I was taught how to use oil paints on canvas at the age of 15.

My first paid portrait commission was at age 19. I continue to study art, because one can never be quite satisfied.

Art lifts us up to a higher plane, as does watching a play or ballet, or listening to great music. The arts are a mark of a highly developed civilization. So please support the advancement of civilization by buying my art!


Most sincerely,
Patricia Uchello

February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment