Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Welcome to My Studio!

Dear Imaginary Friends,
You are now looking at my studio, and at a large oil painting that I completed last year entitled Grand Canal.
This painting is a biggie, measuring about 30" x 40". No doubt, you have noticed that it is a familiar view of the breathtaking city Venice. My husband and I took a Mediterranean cruise that ended there about 2 years ago. 
It was not our first visit. There is no substitute for the first time that one sees the watery city, with its impending doom hanging in the air. The grandeur of Venice is incomparable to any other city I have ever visited. It is a living breathing architectural museum. She is a lovely lady past her prime, but full of guile and charm.
I could not possibly do Venice justice, the way that Caneletto did.
Venice reminds me of my home town New Orleans, in that there is a commonality of danger from water. Both are gorgeous architecturally, draw tons of tourists, and celebrate great food.
A toast to my two favorite cities!
Love,
Patsie

1 comment: