Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Real Thing

Dear Imaginary Friends,
For your perusal and comparison, I present, the original still life from my painting session. Please compare it to the oil painting I did, in my last blog entry. Now you know if I am lousy or not! My painting looks pretty much like the set up, I hope. I eliminated the green foil around the plant, because I felt that it complicated matters a tad too much.
It's rather intimidating to stare at a blank canvas and then try to capture reality. There are good painting days and bad painting days. You never know, going on, which it will be.
Lately, I have further challenged myself  by working on four different paintings simultaneously, inching each a little further toward completion. While I worked on this piece, I also painted two figures, a fig tree, and a pansy plant in a cache pot.
Tired,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment