Friday, June 24, 2011

Uniworld, Part Three

Dear Imaginary Travelers,

To thank Uniworld for their devotion to us last April, and attending to our needs in a time of volcanic desperation, we booked another river cruise through them. This time, the trip was to Egypt. Romantic notion, sailing down the Nile River munching on grapes and seeing the Pyramids, etc., right?

Well, a revolution stepped in our path a month before our trip in February, and voila, our trip was canceled due to safety reasons. I am glad, after what transpired. Safety first, people. I would love to reschedule this trip, but am unsure if the Middle East is safe again yet.

Instead, I will be traveling to Washington, DC this summer, a 20 minute trip away. No planes, air strikes, revolutions, cruise boats, or trains will be involved. I will not need an array of injections to ready my poor old bod to face the ravages of disease. I will dine on falaffels at New Amsterdam in Adams-Morgan and take my life in my hands by crossing streets without crosswalks. And I will come home the same night, 3 hours later!

I think!

One can hardly travel around the block without stumbling upon new adventures. Life is such a journey.

Your Imaginary Friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment