Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I Started Last Monday

Great Falls, 12 x 12", Oil, 2011
Dear Imaginary Friends,

This is what I started painting last Monday. Would you like to paint it for me?
I plan to finish it tomorrow. It has very neutral colors, and I wish that I could throw in some brights to liven it up. But roiling water is usually shades of gray. There are no blue sky reflections, because the water is moving and muddy.
Great Falls would be terribly hard to paint without using a photo, because it is in perpetual motion. Plus I would have to wear one of those Gordon's Fisherman type yellow raincoats with flaps over my ears and look like a dork. That is just not my style, people.
Wish me luck tomorrow finishing it. I will let you know! 
PS Can you tell that I am strictly painting water scenes this summer?

Your Imaginary Friend,
Waterlogged Patsie

2 comments:

  1. Dear real and not imagined friend of my youth,
    I am impressed by your summer plans. May the Lord help your artistic talent flow even more gracefully than the waters that you are painting.
    Your real friend from your youth,
    Tomi Huff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomi, you knew me when I was knee high to a duck, painting oils in art class in high school. Some things have never changed, my dear!
    Still a painting fool;)
    Hugs,
    Patsie

    ReplyDelete