Monday, August 12, 2013

Just One Year Ago


One year ago, I was hanging my one woman art show at River Farm,  the headquarters of the American Horticultural Society, along the verdant banks of the Potomac River.

Which leads me to pondering my next show there, in two years... It takes years to develop a new body of work, good enough technically and interesting enough.  The minute that show was hung, I started producing new work. This year, I have already produced at least 12-18 new oil paintings that will be suitable for hanging. Some of them have sold. So I just keep churning out new work, to keep up. It is exciting; it is fun; and it is draining. But most good things in life are!

I love having a goal, an end game. A huge show in which I hang 80 paintings is a real challenge, but ultimately doable.
Sorry, but I have to stop typing and resume painting!

Your Imaginary Friend,

Patsie

2 comments: