Saturday, July 30, 2011

Broken Ankle

Dear Imaginary Friends,

I painted this painting several years ago. My new friend told me she loved it, and to thank her for something big that she had helped me with,  I gave it to her. The shoe in the painting is actually the high heel that I wore on my wedding day, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. And, no, the dinosaurs were not wearing white four inch heels. Just us ladies.

A few months after I gave it to her, she trekked to Italy, and guess what happened? She broke her ankle! She asked me if the painting carried a curse.
Not that I know of.

Number One, I don't  throw curses or epithets, much less at my friends. Plus, even though I hail from New Orleans, where Voo Doo lurks, I am not interested in crossing to the dark side.

Voo Doo differs from Hoo Doo. Hoo Doo is the practice of sorcery wherein curses and spells are cast, whereas VooDoo is actually a religion.
But still, no thanks.

Your everyday, non-cursing imaginary friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment