Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goodstone Inn

Wisteria Arbor Frames the View of the Pool
Dear Imaginary Friends,

Once again, I trekked all over the city limits, this time with my intrepid classy friends to Goodstone Inn in Middleburg for lunch. How pretty is the vista from this place's pool! The food is really good, as befits the setting. There is a chef's prix fixe lunch and also an a la carte menu.

The rooms at the Inn are so cute! Carved into space which was originally  horse stables, they are decorated with antiques, and are quite charming. OK, yes, I admit it; I looked in a window! 
The Former Stables That Now Houses Guests

There is a wine cellar downstairs beneath the restaurant which is a great place for rehearsal dinners and other special occasions.

The only problem with Goodstone is that it is located on Snake Hill Road!

The snakes were hiding from me, and I really am eternally grateful for that.

Your Imaginary Travelling Friend,
Patsie



No comments:

Post a Comment