Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What I Sold Yesterday

The Green Apples, Oil, 8" x 10"
Dear Imaginary Friends,

The above painting, which I created in January 2012, sold yesterday to a lovely person, whom I am positive will give it to an excellent home. It is a graduation gift for her relative. What a great thing to do: Give the gift of art for celebrations. How unique a gift, right?

Nobody else in the Milky Way owns this painting.

Art is unique; it is original, unless one is referring to prints.

Perhaps this will encourage one more person in the world to appreciate the Fine Arts. Our country's heritage and cultural identity are preserved by the arts. Think about the Hudson Valley painters, and Aaron Copeland's music. Or George Gershwin. All uniquely American artists. What a loss if they had never been encouraged to create. And then there is Andy Warhol. And Marilyn Monroe. All artists.

That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

Your imaginary friend,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment