Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Yellow Tulips

The Yellow Tulips, Oil, April 2012
Dear Imaginary Art Lovers,

Here is one of my creations from this very productive Spring: The Yellow Tulips. It is a horticultural cornucopia of a yellow iris, purple allium, magenta iris, bleeding hearts, pink tulip, and yellow tulips. I could have included all those species in the title, but it would have been pretty unwieldy.

This painting could also have been titled Spring. The glory of flowers is why I love gardening and why Spring is my favorite season. In this painting, I am expressing my love of flowers and art in one fell swoop.

I am excited about my upcoming Fall show that will be all horticulture. River Farms, here I come with fifty canvases of flowers, fruit, landscapes and waterscapes.

Your Imaginary Flower Lover,
Patsie

No comments:

Post a Comment